Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Calling all crafty/talented/giving people. . . HELP!

I need some help. Some of you may remember our sponsor family from July, Adam. Adam's grandmother watches my kids for me while I work if they aren't in school. I have just come from dropping off my daughter and heard that he was denied medicaid. IF YOU READ THIS it is plain to see that Adam needs help. And so does his family who are all joining together to help care for him.



It's no secret that the government is a little busy with other things right now and that it is left up to us to care for each other. Anyone who knows me knows that I would adopt every animal at the SPCA, buy every hungry person a hamburger and give everyone a job! My seamstresses know that there have been months that I went without paying myself for my work so that I could make sure they were paid. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but to just let you know who I am as a person and come to you for help. I have spread myself too thin trying to help everyone.

I am coming to you all for help because I know there are so many people out there willing to help and don't know how.

Adam has outgrown his stroller and this makes it near impossible to take him to his doctor's appointments, school, etc. It is going to cost around $1,000 to get him his new chair. I would like to hold an online auction. If there are any etsy vendors, crafty people or talented people that might be able to donate an item, a gift certificate for a lesson or session donating the time of your talent (photography, etc) of if you just want to make a donation please email me at windowsbymelissa at gmail.com.

We will put all the items together on this blog and possibly on Facebook and hold an online auction between Friday September 21 and it will end at midnight on Monday September 24. I think we will end up doing it on Facebook where everyone can submit their bids as comments of the photos of the item.

WHAT I NEED FROM YOU if you are going to donate an item:
1) Picture: please send one picture that has as much detail of the item as possible.
2) Detailed description of the item.
3) What you will charge for shipping for the item. The buyer will be responsible for the shipping cost.

And that's it! Very easy to help someone out!!! Please help on this one. I can't do this all by myself, and this is something this family really needs.

Window Treatments by Melissa, LLC will match every dollar raised in the auction (excluding individual donations that do not come from a bid on a specific item). 

As I start receiving items I will create an album on the Windows By Melissa Facebook Page for the items to be viewed. If you can't donate and item it would still be helpful to share the album on various social media networks so we can get the word out for anyone who may want to participate in donating an item or participate in the auction itself.

Please help. 
windowsbymelissa at gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment