Sunday, August 5, 2012

The "Zip a dee doo da" stripe

Alright, guys. How far are we go to take the zig zag stripe?

There are few things in life that I've seen more times than the average human being ought to. Here are the top five things I've seen more times than I've seen my own face.

1) Disney's Cars:
"I'm telling you man, every third blink is slower."
2) Disney's Cars 2

"I'll have some of that there pistachio ice cream."

3) Premier Prints' Village Blue and Natural zig zag stripe.


4) Norman Reedus; if he were a president he'd be "Baberham Lincoln."

"People in hell need slurpies."
5) Daniel Craig; Deeeeeeelish!

"Do you want a clean kill or do you want to send a message?"

. . .  in that order.

All things zig zag are fighting their way to the number one spot. So here's what we've got.

Zig zag with 1" stripes:

Zoom Zoom with 1/2" stripes:


Zippy with 2 1/8" stripes


and finally, Zazzle: all the zig zag sizes combined!


"We've got zig zag sandwhich, zig zag cocktail, zig zag soup, zig zag cabobs. . ."

Holy zig zag stripe, Batman. This is zig zag overload!

But, of course, I had to get in on it. All of the stripes listed above are premier prints. Here are some of my designs.




Why are my designs better? Isn't it obvious? My stripes are 2.5" wide! It's called zip a dee doo da!!!!!!

Okay, truth now. So this whole post started out as a joke because I am sick to death of zig zag stripes everywhere. So I made a few of my own just to add to the blog post and since it was a joke I didn't take an extreme amount of time with it and remove the black lines in between the stripes. But as I added color I started to think of how cute it looked in all the baby colors. So I think I'm going to add this to our fabric collection so that I can subject myself to a life of zig zag stripe for the rest of TIME.  Mine is clearly superior because my stripes are 2.5" wide ;) 2 1/8" wide just won't do.

I think I'll make it in all the baby colors. Pastels, etc. So, with all this zig zag craize, would anyone be interested in seeing this in our textiles line? Let me know.




1 comment:

  1. Like the zazzle one that looks sort of ikat!

    xx
    Carissa

    www.mean-maharani.com

    ReplyDelete