Wednesday, January 11, 2012

R.I.P old friend. . .

This evening I have experienced a great loss: my beloved sewing machine died. It is a 40 year old Bernina that worked diligently stitching beautifully up until the very end!


Oh, so many memories! I learned how to sew on this machine. I can't imagine all the pins that are in there that my children have stuck in all the open spaces over the years. My daughters art work is all over it, all those light purple lines. . . 

Why do I have a post dedicated to my sewing machine? To tell you all that Bernina is the way to go! Bernina is the Rolls Royce of sewing machines. I have a lot of orders and they continue to pile up. So when my machine died this evening I had to run out and get something to tide me over until I can get the motor replaced in this one. As I looked at all my options I couldn't bring myself to buy anything. I just knew I wouldn't be satisfied with anything other than a Bernina. Even though I was just getting a tide me over machine, something to just make a straight stitch, I just couldn't settle on anything. Bernina is the way to go. It doesn't get better than a Bernina!

I did eventually settle on a Brother. . . . no offense to Brother fans, but once you've had Bernina you never go back.

In the market for a sewing machine? Bernina, Bernina, Bernina! From Melissa herself! No window treatment with my name on it is sewn with anything other than Bernina! (The Brother I just bought is going to make dowel rod cases and attach ribbon to the ribbon shades). But as for actualy construction, I won't settle for anything less. You all can thank me later when your beautiful well constructed Roman Shades are hanging in your windows. ;)

;) Happy sewing.

1 comment:

  1. I 100%, whole-heartedly, without a doubt AGREE!!!

    I learned on a Bernina too and after I got married and decided I needed a sewing machine, I couldn't bring myself to buy anything else! I tried and tested a bazillion other machines but nothing compares to a BERNINA!!! They are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete