Thursday, March 15, 2012

Confessions of a busy seamstress

I was looking back at my blog to see what things I had already posted about so I could change things up a bit and not be redundant. And all I could think was:


"Beuller. Beuller. Beuller. Beuller."


Snooze Fest!

No Amount of color changing font is going to make my blog entertaining.

A little about yours truly:

I have a Bachelor of Arts in English. I didn't minor in anything (although I could have in both theater and history) so I majored in all aspects of English: writing, editing, literature, etc. My passion is writing fiction. I used to write A LOT. But life got in the way. My Ehlers-Danlos started getting worse, my OCD started getting worse, I got married. . .  'nuff said, had my first child, blabbidy blee blabbidy bloo and so on. I stopped writing for entertaining purposes. I suffered Post pardum depression as well as Post Tramatic Stress Disorder after a horrific pregnancy with my second child. I started a blog to write again and get in touch with myself again. That lasted all of five minutes. 





I decided to start this business and it is doing very well. I was told I needed to blog to reach out to a wide variety of people. Okay, confession time: I've read maybe one or two blog posts in my WHOLE LIFE and do you want to know whose blogs I follow? MY OWN! Ha! I have started following the blogs that I have ad space up on, but I just don't have time to visit blogs, unfortunately. I do enjoy reading blogs when I can. Between my health, my family, my business and my reality tv show addiction to shows like The Deadliest Catch (yes, another confession) and watching the AMC tv show The Walking Dead so I can prepare for the Zombie Apocalypse ;), I am left with very little time to read blogs. Long story short, I'm not entirely sure how to blog. :)

So that being said, to whomever may be interested, I submit the following:

I believe in going all the way. Go big or go home. So if a blog is what I need to do to "go big" then so be it. But here is my confession: I have no clue how to blog, what to blog or how often to blog. I don't have enough experience with blogs to know what to do. But I am confident that I can make a blog worth while if I have some input on what readers are looking for.

So here is my question in desperation: What do you look for in a good blog? What draws you to a blog? What keeps you coming back?

Please leave any and all comments. I look forward to hearing from you.


Bloglessly yours,


M.


2 comments:

  1. I love pictures & I love funny period. You are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. updates on projects you're working on, perhaps tips and style advice on window treatments. You could even feature different styles of window treatments - That sort of thing. I'm pretty new to this whole blog world myself so don't feel too alone! :)

    Laura
    www.HappyroostBlog.com

    ReplyDelete