Friday, September 21, 2012

A Room Makeover with JWS Interiors

Black and White Room Makeover

Recently I joined efforts with Jennifer at JWS Interiors. She had a Black and White room makeover that needed curtains. We decided to do White curtains with a black Greek Key trim.


The white fabric is a 9 oz cotton duck fabric. The heavier the base fabric the better for applying ribbon. If the fabric is too light it will bunch when sewing on the ribbon. This is not the case, however, if you are using fabric glue. For a more quality product we sew our ribbon to our fabric. 



The ribbon is a 7/8" wide black grosgrain ribbon. I made the keys on the curtain panels larger than we do our roman shades so that it could be proportionate with the length of the curtains. 



The room is gorgeous! Jennifer did an outstanding job! I don't think I could be so daring as to put black paint on a wall. But now that I have seen it here I am very inspired to go bold!!

Follow Jennifer on her blog and get some great ideas for your next project.




4 comments:

  1. You did a fantastic job Melissa! I'll definitely be using you for additional design projects! Thanks again.

    JWS Interiors/Affordable Luxury blog
    www.jws-interiors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great curtains! I love the greek key detailing on romans especially! When I get a more permanent place, I know who to hire for all my window dressings!
    I love the dark walls of that room also! Looks great against the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the curtain pattern was genius. I just love the look! The color palette might be limited, but you managed to turn the room into a space that is simple and chic with the Greek keys focused on the corners of the fabric. And the sunburst mirror really adds some drama to the wall. :D

    Roxie ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a good site with great information along with excellent post for all to view and comment on this site.The information present here is helpful for the readers.Overall wonderful site.
    Hunter Douglas

    ReplyDelete